SCHECTER GUITAR RESEARCH DIAMOND SERIES WARRANTY POLICY
All Schecter Guitar Research Diamond Series instruments are backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. This warranty applies to the original owner only, and is not transferable under any circumstances. Please note that our Limited Lifetime Warranty is only valid in the country/territory/duchy from which your NEW guitar/bass/product/instrument was purchased.
Your new Schecter instrument is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the original owner, if used under normal operating conditions, subject to the limitations described below. There is a 1 yr. Warranty on all electronic components that applies to the original owner from date of purchase. This warranty is not transferable under any circumstances, and applies to the original owner only, provided the product is purchased as NEW from an authorized Schecter dealer. In order to validate your warranty, you must return your warranty registration card within ten (10) days following the original date of purchase, or register your product online at www.schecterguitars.com. Please retain your original sales receipt as proof of purchase. If you need to file a warranty claim in the future, you can send in a photocopy of your receipt at that time.
This warranty does NOT cover the following:
- Any instrument that was not purchased from an authorized Schecter dealer.
- Any instrument that has been modified or customized after shipment from Schecter Guitar Research.
- Any instrument that has been serviced by unauthorized persons.
- Any instrument whose serial number is missing, or has been altered in any way.
- Any instrument that has been damaged due to misuse, neglect or accident.
- Any instrument that has been subjected to extreme humidity or temperature conditions.
- Normal wear and tear on any serviceable part of the instrument, including electronic controls and switches, jacks, worn frets, plated surfaces, tuning machines, scratches in pick guards or plastic parts, saddles and nuts; normal paint wear and tear including damages, discoloration, and paint shrinkage of the instrument finish for any reason.
- Defects in finishes such as cracks, splitting, or warping of wood due to changes in temperature or humidity, exposure to sun, fire, moisture, body salts and acids, other chemicals or non-industry approved polishes.
- Regular maintenance of the instrument, including string changes, truss rod adjustments, set-up, intonation and action adjustment.
- Subjective issues such as tonal characteristics, grade, grain or color of wood or finish, or relative weight.
- Freight charges to Schecter Guitar Research for warranty repairs.
- Shipping damages of any kind.
No instrument may be returned to Schecter Guitar Research without prior authorization. If a return is to be made to Schecter Guitar Research, the customer must first obtain a Return Authorization number (RA#) by phone or email. If the RA# is not clearly marked on the package being returned, it will be refused. Schecter Guitar Research will inspect any returned instrument, and upon approval, and at the sole discretion of Schecter Guitar Research, will replace any part or parts deemed defective. Schecter Guitar Research reserves the right to use materials regularly utilized or available at the time of repair in the event that the original materials are no longer available. The customer is responsible for the cost of shipping the instrument to Schecter Guitar Research; please provide insurance and pack the instrument properly! Schecter Guitar Research will pay the insurance and shipping costs to send the instrument back. Schecter Guitar Research does not offer repair service of any kind other than warranty repair service. If an instrument needs service or maintenance that is not covered under warranty, it should be taken to a qualified guitar repair professional.